Privacy policies and the GDPR
I respect your privacy and will never sell or otherwise share your information with a third party.
1. Personal information:
CM is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. She recognizes that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, CM will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
2. Collecting personal information:
CM will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
3. Use of tracking technologies:
CM may use tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons as provided by her website host to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser.
4. Using and
disclosing your personal information:
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
- To fulfill obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and CM.
- To render services related to CM's business such as warranty or after sales services.
For the purpose described above, information may be shared with CM's suppliers either in Australia or overseas. Also, in order to operate the web site or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with a service provider.
5. Contact by CM:
CM may contact individuals using the information, which was provided by them in order to:
- Provide information that may be of interest about upgrades, new products, special offers and other matters that may be of interest.
- To send newsletters.
6. Individual's right of access:
Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on CM's database. Information may be reviewed by contacting CM by emailing CM at email@example.com.
9. CM and links to other web sites:
CM provides links to web sites outside of the CM site. These linked sites are not under the control of CM, and CM is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the CM web site, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
10. Problems or queries:
1. Personal information that I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Around the World
I am based in Australia and make use of many cloud-based websites and hosting services in pursuance of my Etsy business such as Etsy, my webhost and the like. I may store and process your information through these third-party hosting services in other jurisdictions worldwide. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on these sites’ privacy policies as the legal basis for this transfer of information.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Chantel McCabe, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Chantel McCabe, P O Box 3054, Kingsley, WA, 6026, Australia.
If you want access to, or want to correct or delete personal information held by Etsy, you may contact Etsy at Etsy.com/help for assistance.
7. Rest assured that I respect your personal information and will never sell it to a third party or abuse it in any way, including, but not limited to promising to never use it in an attempt to achieve world domination, influence a presidential election or any similar such act.